The County Commissioners Association of Ohio (CCAO) is pleased to offer a one-hour webinar on Wednesday, Feb. 12 at 9:30 a.m. on “Economic Development Incentives.”
Ohio law offers counties several different tools that can be used to promote economic development. In this webinar, we’ll overview each of these tools and cover a few “dos” and “don’ts” associated with each incentive program. Participants will be more knowledgeable of the tools available and when each tool is most appropriate.
The webinar will cover the following topics:
- Understand the economic development tools available to Ohio counties.
- Learn which programs may be beneficial to a project over another in a particular situation.
- Understand the impact of applying the various tools available to an economic development project.
- Learn how counties can utilize incentive policies or guidelines that go beyond what is in the Revised Code in order to help ensure effective application of incentives and understand when it is appropriate to deviate from those policies.
- Learn how counties interact with other public entities in using these tools.
Our speaker is Price Finley, who is in his 30th year practicing law at Bricker & Eckler – all those years focused on public finance. Price has experience in all areas of public finance, including local government, economic development finance, port authority financings, and other structured and project financings. He has substantial experience in the use of various economic development tools.
Click here to register for this timely educational opportunity. If you are unable to register to the link above, please email Nedra Benson , CCAO administrative professional, and provide her with your email address.